Friday, October 9, 2009

Not-so-Delicious Black Bean Burritos

I decided to actually make dinner the other night. The McHusband was still away at his conference so I'm surprised I was motivated enough to actually get out the cutting board and use the stove. I sure wish all my effort had been more worth it.

I've had this recipe bookmarked for a while. Seemed relatively healthy and I figured it'd make good leftovers or a good dip for chips at the very least.

It had lots of potential. Garlic, jalapenos, red pepper? Sign me up!

Other than some salt, though, there wasn't any seasoning, and I just don't think the rest of the ingredients were strong enough to impart enough flavor. I even added salsa, cheese, and sour cream to my burrito and it was just okay. {Not my picture, the McHusband has the camera with him.}

I might try the recipe again and just wing it in the spice department. I'll let you know how that goes.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I don't know the recipe but I wonder if you made the stuffing the day before and let it sit in the fridge the flavors would "meld" better?? Not something we would eat at our house but it did sound like it would be good :).