Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

Do you decorate your house with white lights or colored lights? Wreaths on all the windows or only on the front door? Do you have an unnatural affinity for those blow-up "decorations" that adorn so many people's yards?

I prefer to decorate with white lights. No wreaths - I like both looks, I just don't do either. I have a lot of windows on the front of the house and haven't invested in the number of wreaths I'd need, and with the glass in our front door, I think a wreath (for any season) looks funny. And don't get me started on those blow-up things. Maybe one is okay but a yard full of 'em? No thank you!

The McHusband and I both ended up on the roof of the front porch this year. I had to hold the ladder while he added lights to the peak.













Before it got dark, here's what we had:





































Please ignore my dying pencil holly. We're still holding out for a belated Christmas miracle wherein it recovers in the spring. Hey, at least my pansies look good.

And here's the house once Mother Nature turns the lights off. Oh, and use your imagination to picture my Christmas tree with its white lights (of course) in the bay window. I just never got around to taking an updated picture.
















Yes, there was a bit of a miscalculation on the right there. Hopefully we'll figure better next year.

The lights on the bottoms of the trees bookending the front door seem to be having some trouble staying lit all the time. I can see them go on and off sometimes while I'm watching TV. Oh well, as long as the majority of the lights on the top two-thirds of the trees stay on, that works for me.





















And certainly you knew I was going to go artsy-fartsy with a few pictures. Which is much easier to do with daylight. In the dark? It was a bit of a challenge.
















I like how this one turned out. If I'd been on the ball, I feel like I could've turned it into a Christmas card. "From our home to yours, warmest wishes for a happy holiday season."
















Even without an actual card in your mailbox, please know that the sentiment goes out to everyone. Have a safe and happy Christmas!

No comments: