Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Adios, amigos!

No, I'm not saying sayonara to my blog. We spent Saturday evening at Rick and Sabrina's enjoying one last party at their house here in NC before they head north to Boston. There's been a Christmas party at Rick's house for the past, I don't know, six or seven years at least. It was to the point that we didn't accept any other December party invitations until we knew for sure when Rick's party was because that was THE ONE we couldn't miss. I guess our calendar'll be a little more open this year...

I had my camera but didn't take as many pictures as I should have. I did remember to take one of the hosts and soon-to-be Beantown dwellers.





















The McHusband and I spent a good portion of the night in the kitchen (Shocker, right?) catching up with Alex and her boyfriend, John. Aren't they cute?





















I think we met John when we were at Rick and Sabrina's wedding but it's not like we had quality get-to-know-each-other time so on Saturday we were talking about the usual stuff: where do you live, where do you work, etc. It turns out that John has been to the McHusband's office. He had to deliver a table that had something to do with a case the company was working on. Small world, huh?

Guess what we're going to miss as much as the actual Christmas party? Rick's parents, Al and Peggy. Just like the spiked punch, they were a staple the Christmas party.





















I should've gotten a picture of Byron and Lisa together, but I think the bottle of wine was impairing my judgment by that point. At least this picture is proof that they made it, no small feat considering Lisa's about 35 weeks pregnant and they live an hour away.
















We got to the party a little after 5:00 and ended up staying until 1:00, which is a pretty late night for us these days. There were 9 of us still standing around midnight so we played Catch Phrase and, well, you know how crazy that can get.

You don't? Well, you should. It's good clean fun (if drinking before and/or while playing counts as "clean fun") and it's educational.

Yep, you learn just how much other people DON'T know.

We'll miss Rick and Sabrina and not just for their parties. Good luck up in Boston and we hope to visit soon!

No comments: