Monday, February 6, 2012

Recipe Recap: Crustless Coconut Pie

Happy Monday!  I decided that you need to read about something sweet as you start your work week.  I mean, Mondays are tough, right?  (Especially the ones after the Super Bowl if you’re into that kinda thing.)  I thought I might as well sugarcoat yours and do what I could to make it better.

Last weekend when we spent the evening at Chelle and Jeremy’s, I was in charge of dessert.  No surprise there, right?  I decided to make this pie that I’d seen on Tasty Kitchen.  I knew one person would NOT want it (and she was good with that) while one person, namely Jeremy, would be quite happy with the pie as he’s a huge fan of coconut.

I had everything I needed for this pie in my pantry.  Score!  I was intrigued by the method where you mix the ingredients together with the blender.  Score again – less work for me.

DSC_0503

DSC_0505DSC_0508

I poured the mixture into my pie plate and sprinkled the coconut on top.

DSC_0516

And through the magic of the internet, tada!

DSC_0527

This is all that made it home from Chelle and Jeremy’s.

DSC_0578

DSC_0583

Heather even tried a piece with the coconut scraped off and she said it was good so if that’s not a solid endorsement, I don’t know what is.

DSC_0587

{Recipe here}

2 comments:

mcmom said...

Pretty pie plate!! McMom

Gma said...

Y.U.M.M.Y. Have been trying to show some restraint since I think I'm about the only one who likes coconut... but I just may have to get out a blender and put myself on a self-imposed one piece per day plan. W/o a doubt, I could eat this pie in two sittings!