Monday, May 7, 2012

{Recipe Recap} Lighter Chicken Stroganoff

Do you like mushrooms?  I love ‘em.  My favorite way to eat them is on a white pizza.  So that I can indulge occasionally and eat the whole pie, I try to eat my mushrooms in a healthier way (most of) the rest of the time.

This stroganoff wasn’t quite as tasty as I hoped, but  it was still good.  We ate it over brown rice, but you could certainly serve it over egg noodles as is more traditional with stroganoff.

I think I divided this into three-quarter-cup servings and each one ended up being 161 calories.  I didn’t have any of the leftovers, but the McHusband finished it off over a couple of days and I didn’t hear any complaints.

It’s not the most appetizing-looking dish so I’m only going to include this one picture.

DSC_0367

This was a crockpot meal so it gets points automatically for being easy.  If this seems like something you’d like, I’d say it’s worth making and finding out for sure.  It probably won’t blow you away, but it’s decent comfort food at a good caloric price.

No comments: