Friday, May 31, 2013

Tea + peanut butter + cereal (but not together)

A few food things on this Friday…

I drink two or three cups of green tea in the office every morning.  I didn’t necessarily think all varieties were all created equal, but I did at least think there was a minimum standard that most of them had to maintain.  Turns out, that’s not the case.  I think I’m drinking Tetley right, but when it runs out, I’m going to pick up the Lipton green tea bags.

Have you guys seen the new Jif Whips? 

I couldn’t resist – they’re new, after all, and I have a problem leaving new versions of tried and true favorites behind – and I’m glad I couldn’t.  They are very good; the peanut butter flavor tastes like peanut butter, just a fluffy version of it.  And with 40 fewer calories per serving, you can have the same amount for less, or you can have a smidge bigger serving for the same number of calories.  You win either way.

Finally, I’d been enjoying Special K’s Protein Plus cereal and when I ran out and tried to get more, I couldn’t find it anywhere.  Not at Walmart, Harris Teeter, Food Lion…  I finally found three boxes on Target’s shelves this past weekend so I bought all of them in addition to two boxes of another protein-rich cereals.  I haven’t opened that cereal yet so no review right now, but I’ll be sure to hopefully recommend it to you when I do finally try it.

Anyone have some recommendations for something I need to be on the lookout for on the grocery store shelves?

This week actually went by fairly quickly considering it was a short week.  I don’t know why, but those tend to drag on more slowly than regular ol’ five-day weeks.  Probably because I have such high hopes that the next weekend’ll be here before I know it.

Okay, back to the last few minutes of Hannibal and then the McHusband and I are hoping to get into bed at a decent hour, which for us means lights out by 11:00.

TGIF!

No comments: