Thursday, February 18, 2010

Condo living

My company developed a building in Chapel Hill that has two floors of office space and one floor - the top one - of residential condos. We took a field trip out there yesterday to see how the newest condo is coming along.

First, a little background. This one condo is actually three condos combined for a total of a little over 7,000 SF. The people buying this condo are doing so because their son will be attending UNC-Chapel Hill. This won't be their primary residence, but you'd never know that based on the amount of money they are spending to make this place liveable (by their standards).

We'll go back when the condo is more done so hopefully I'll have really impressive pictures at that time. In the meantime...

A ironing board drawer. Love it!













I think this hallway was longer than the width of my house.

















It's hard to discern, but that's a barrel ceiling. Check it out with the lights on.

















The best parts of this condo were the bathrooms. How would you like this for your powder room?

















A view of the guest bathroom from the hallway.













The master bathroom was really neat. The shower wasn't too crazy (I've seen more showerheads in bathrooms from "Bang For Your Buck"), but it was still over the top.

















Apparently, the rain showerhead isn't enough. See the metal square on the ceiling? That's actually four more showerheads.













This picture gives you a little bit better idea of how the shower and tub wall are situated.













The tub will be placed a few inches off the floor on this platform. I have to admit, I really liked this feature.













Anyone else sense the theme in their bathrooms? These people really LOVE their mosaic tile.

We went into another condo, one that's occupied, and I had to take a bathroom picture in there, too. I don't know if you guys could've adequately picture this if I told you, "The tub fills up from the ceiling." I know it looks like a stripper pole in my picture, but I promise, it's a stream of water coming from the ceiling.

















Notice the edge of the tub? That's an infinity tub so you can overflow it like those fancy-schmancy pools.
Okay, end of tour. Thank you for joining us today and please watch your step as you exit the bus.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That's crazy... where do people get their money from!

Gma said...

And you like the ironing board cuz you do so much ironing? Think having one of these would prompt you to at least want to pull out the iron more than once every four years?

I thoroughly enjoyed my tour - there's something about being able to sit in the front seat; ya know, up close and personal!

If your current marketing gig hits a deadend, I'd say you've potential as a Tour Guide!

McMom said...

WOW --- am I to understand this is just so they can VISIT their student on occassion, or is this for their student/ child to PARTAY in??? JEEEEEZ!!! And we once THOUGHT we would MIGHT buy a condo at Clemson!!! LOLOLOL!!!