Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Recipe Recap: Chocolate Cinnamon Bread

As soon as I saw this recipe for Chocolate Cinnamon Bread, I knew I would make it before too long. Chocolate? Cinnamon? Sign me up!

I made the bread after dinner (a Taco Ring in case you were wondering) this past Saturday. I even got the McHusband to help. You know he's bored when he's hanging around the kitchen and agrees to man the mixer. He creamed the butter and sugar and added my five, count 'em five, room-temp eggs one at a time. Just call him Buddy Crocker.

















Meanwhile, I was sifting and mixing flour, cocoa, and other powdery stuff.













The McHusband added the dry ingredients and the buttermilk mixture, alternating between the two and starting and finishing with the flour mixture. I was busy mixing up the topping, then I poured the batter into the loaf pans and sprinkled the cinnamon-cocoa concoction liberally across the tops of both would-be loaves.


























The house smelled wonderful while these were baking.

The topping got all hard and crackly and lifted off the top of the bread.













Delicious! I sent one loaf into work with the McHusband. He didn't even get to the office until after 10:00 Monday morning, and he returned that evening with an empty pan. Guess I'm not the only one craving comfort food when there's snow on the ground.









1 comment:

McMom said...

YUUUUM!! McMom