Monday, November 5, 2018

Halloween 2018: Halloween!

Connor was a policeman last year for Halloween.  And he had a police birthday party in February.  And he wears his police costume at least once a week just for fun.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he wanted to be a policeman again this year.  Luckily, the costume that was a little big last year fits him great this year.
As Austin doesn't have a clue what Halloween is, I got to decide on his costume and I wanted it to be something that partnered well with Connor's.  Austin was Connor's prisoner a.k.a. inmate a.k.a. "policemate," which is what Connor kept referring to him as.
I DIY'ed a white t-shirt with stripes and Austin's inmate number (103118, of course).You can't see it on the front because it's behind his blankie.  I opted to skip stripes on the back and went with just the number.
Daycare had a costume parade earlier in the day so I left work early in order to go to that.  Austin's class was up first.
Then came Connor's class.

Note the missing button on his chest pocket.
I said that Connor's costume at school was an off-duty cop: shirt untucked, hat askew, no belt...  As soon as we got home, I made a few adjustments.  Thank goodness for hot glue!  I fixed his belt loops that had torn and glued a button back on.  When it came time to actually dress up for the night, I made sure he looked presentable and ready for duty.
We went to the neighborhood behind ours to trick-or-treat.  They really go all out with the decorations and it's a lot of fun to be part of the crowd over there.
 
Our policeman and prisoner made this Halloween one to remember, for sure.  I love doing holidays with my boys - all of them!

No comments: