Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Chelle's Baby Shower

Heather, Vanessa, and I hosted Chelle’s baby shower at my house last weekend.  The three of us made a great team: we each fulfilled certain roles well, we figured out how to plan this thing without any drama, and we prepped the day of easily and with minimal stress.  Wanna see how things turned out?

I had the idea to use pinwheels as décor, but I wasn’t sure how I was going to affix them to the wall without messing up my newly painted dining room. I have no idea what turned the lightbulb on, but I suddenly remembered one day that I had window inserts/grills up in the attic, including a big one for the bay window in the dining room.  I super-glued the pinwheels to the grill and, well, I think it turned out pretty well.  I mean, I had two people who wanted to take it home with them so I guess that means it looked nice.
We used Vanessa’s wooden crates plus her basket and birdcages on either side of the food table to support our mason jars and birds theme.
 
I want to thank Bianca, Heather's daughter, who helped fulfill my last-minute vision to add a pennant to the window behind the drink table.  Thank goodness for otherwise idle hands!
 
 
  
And we used my sideboard cabinet for dessert.  Our invitations had mason jars on them and we used those in other ways  in the décor but nothing made as big as impact as Heather’s single-serving chocolate éclair dessert in small jars.
Other than the scrapbook paper, our main decorations were fresh flowers and Vanessa’s “BABY H” frames on the mantle.  Oh, and the birdhouses belonged to the McMom.
 I know, let’s see the guest of honor, huh?
 Each of us had to get a picture with Chelle individually, of course.
 
  
 Chelle with her (very excited) mom.
  
And with Amanda, who was at the shower because she was still pregnant even though the shower date was her due date.  Spoiler alert: she had Baby Emma the next day.
A couple of crowd pics for posterity’s sake.
  
And no shower post would be complete without a few pics of the mom-to-be opening her adorable (and sometimes alcoholic) gifts.
 
 
  
Before everyone left, we had to take a group picture of everyone who was there to celebrate Chelle and her baby girl.
Kim had to leave early so she missed the group shot, but luckily we got a photo of her and Chelle together earlier.
And finally, we had to document Chelle and all her loot.
That is one lucky girl!  The baby girl, that is. (But Chelle is, too.)

Chelle and I have known each other since we were about 11 years old; I can’t believe that in a decade, our kids will be the same age we were when we first met.  I can only hope that their friendships (and we’re including Karis here) stand the test of time like mine and Chelle’s has.

We can’t wait to meet Baby H next month!

(Sorry for any strange formatting.  I'm having to use Blogger for this post as opposed to Windows Live Writer, which is kinda like Word for blogging - it just made everything so easy and simple, but now it's not compatible with Google.  I hope to figure out a good solution soon.)
 
 







 


 


1 comment:

Sara said...

Great party for a great soon-to-be mama! Thanks for hosting us all!