Monday, January 11, 2016

Layla Jane

It appears that if it weren't for Chelle, I wouldn't have anything to blog about. :)

I am sorry for not posting regularly.  It's just that I don't have the drive to sit down and be that productive during my downtime.  I just want to veg in front of one or two screens, depending on if I'm "multi-tasking" by watching TV and perusing the internet at the same time.  But more on where my head is later.  Let's talk about something fun.

Meet Layla Jane!
Chelle's due date was the 17th, but Layla decided she was ready to see the world and arrived on the evening of the 8th, weighing 8 lbs 12 oz and measuring 22 inches long.  She has lots of dark hair and cheeks for days and she is perfect.

I visited yesterday and was lucky enough to be the only visitor once Chelle's parents left so I soaked up all those baby snuggles.  What is it about just sitting with a tiny baby in your arms that's so enjoyable?
We are all so happy to welcome Layla to the "framily" and can't wait to see her grow up alongside the rest of the kids.

Congratulations, Chelle and Jeremy, on your beautiful baby girl!

1 comment:

Grammie said...

Okay...either go to Chelle's over the weekend and blog some more about Layla....or at the least just a cute picture of my grandson, or maybe a video! Surlely in this rain he can wear his rain boots and fireman hat!