Monday, November 17, 2008

We have seating!

Our couch and loveseat were delivered Saturday morning. I have to give another shout-out to Hart Furniture. The delivery was scheduled for 9:15 and they actually showed up about 10 minutes early. The two deliverymen were very nice and very capable. They got the loveseat in without any problems, but the couch was a different story.

Remember, there are recliners on each end of both pieces so those suckers are heavy. Because the side of our staircase is just a few feet inside the front door, the deliverymen had to get creative and use a lot of muscle.

Tori the Supervisor would like to demonstrate just how close the stairs and front door are to each other.



















After Tori directed the guys through the door, they put the pieces roughly where I wanted them, and then I played with the furniture until I had things set up pretty much how I think they'll end up.




















The view from the kitchen - unpacked box, unfinished island and all. I'm not sure what to do about that floor lamp. I really like the lamp, but I'm just not sure if it's gonna stay in the den. An open floorplan is great and all, but losing the wall space that we had in the other house is making it difficult to find homes for my stuff.



















And, finally, the view from my spot on the left side of the loveseat. That's my spot because it has the most direct line of sight to the TV.

Yes, I know I have a problem. TV is my drug of choice and I have no plans to conquer my addiction so please don't bother with an intervention.
















Unlike with the lizards, we're saying, "Ya'll come on over, ya hear?" cuz now we've got a place for everyone to sit. And I might even share my TV with you, but only if I get to hold the remote.

1 comment:

Gina said...

The furniture is beautiful and I LOVE the living room area! It's so bright and open.