Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Adults only

We went to a party at the neighbors’ house on Saturday.  I of course signed up to share some baked goods, but I made a third treat.  Two ingredients and it was a hit!

TipsyPineapple

That’s the sign I made to indicate that the fruit was NOT okay for the kids to eat.  It’s not supposed to be gray (it was white on paper, but I can’t figure out how to fix it so just imagine the background is white.  (I know, you are impressed again with my amazing photoediting skills.)

The McHusband cut up two small pineapples and we soaked the pieces overnight in coconut rum.  We drained the rum right before the party (don’t worry, it didn’t go to waste) then served the pineapple with skewers.  You should’ve seen how happy everyone was to find out what was in that bowl.  If you have another party to go to this summer, I highly recommend you try this “dish” or some version of it.  Oranges soaked in pineapple rum. Strawberries soaked in Whipped Vodka.  Or a classic, watermelon soaked in tequila with a little salt sprinkled on it.

And then invite me to help you eat it. Winking smile

1 comment:

Erika said...

A must try for sure! Sounds great!