Thursday, November 8, 2012

{Recipe Recap} Homemade Butterfinger Bars

I was supposed to have an HOA meeting last night, but there was some confusion because we switched November’s meeting to the first Wednesday of the month instead of the usual second Wednesday.  It would seem that I was the only one who remembered that change though.  So instead of regulating the ‘hood, I nuked some candy corn, mixed it with peanut butter, spread it in a pan, and topped it with some chocolate.  Voila!

1107122158

As of this posting, I haven’t actually tried the treat yet, but the McHusband, who didn’t know what they were, said, “Yes, that’s just what it tastes like” when I told him what it was.

I used this recipe for the Butterfinger part (but I tripled it for an 8 x 8 pan), and I used this recipe for the chocolate ganache.  I only had semi-sweet chunks, which I knew would be too much chocolate for the McHusband, so I wanted to cut that with the peanut butter.  I for one thought the ganache was fabulous and I plan to use it again.

If you have any candy corn left over from Halloween, consider turning it into some Butterfinger Bars.  And since they’re homemade, you don’t have to feel guilty about eating them.


Okay, I just tried a piece and it was quite good.  Not sure it’s a clone of a Butterfinger, but it’s definitely a family member.

No comments: