It’s Monday, and the only way to start the week, especially THANKSGIVING week, is with food.
I don’t really have lots of pictures for this post, but I’m going to talk about the shower food anyway. We could’ve done a taco bar with several meats and all the toppings and the shell of your choosing, but since the shower started at 3:00, I didn’t think a full meal was the way to go. Instead, we had Mexican food-inspired snacks, sweets, and sips.
- Chips, salsa, and guacamole
- Jalapeno poppers (These were supposed to be cream cheese-stuffed, bacon-wrapped jalapenos.)
- Veggies and dip
- Vegetarian taco cups
- Meatballs (with a little spice thanks to cayenne pepper)
- Citrus sangria (recipe: big bottle pinot grigio, big bottle moscato, pineapple rum, peach schnapps, one can pineapple chunks in syrup, plus sliced fruit like oranges, limes, and lemons)
- Classic margaritas (But made with equal parts tequila, simple syrup, and lime juice – sooo good!)
- Soda and water
- Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream (the ones I make all the time)
- Peanut Butter Balls (Laura’s sugary contribution)
- Sopapilla Cheesecake (But use about 3 tablespoons melted butter brushed on top.)
Mexican food and margaritas: If those don’t say “baby shower,” I don’t know what does.