Monday, November 3, 2014

{Recipe Recap} Reese’s Gooey Cake Bars

The McHusband and I had our second Halloween party on Saturday.  I was going to dress up in a different costume, but I went as Flo again.  It was the better costume and most of the party’s guests hadn’t seen it before so Flo and Mayhem rode again!

I wanted to make a little something sweet to share and I chose these bars that the McHusband had pointed out to me a few weeks back.  He’d seen them on my cousin’s Facebook page, but I already had them saved so they moved to the top of the list.

I made these a little differently than the recipe instructed.  I used those bite-sized Reese’s cups rather than full-sized ones and I also threw some peanut butter chips in the mix.  I doubled the recipe to make it in a 9 x 13 pan so I used a chocolate cake mix for the bottom layer and a yellow cake mix for the top. 

I thought these bars turned out pretty fabulous.  I think the McHusband’s expectations were set super high and he said they weren’t as good as he’d hoped.  However I would have no qualms at all recommending these to anyone who likes chocolate and peanut butter.

PART_1414979145781_20141102_202825

Hope everyone had a great Halloween weekend.  We passed out candy to the kids from our driveway then went up to a neighbor’s driveway to hang out a bit more.  That plus the party on Saturday plus turning the clocks back equaled a very tired McFamily last night.

{Recipe adapted from here}

PS  Happy belated birthday to Kim!

No comments: