Monday, November 10, 2014

{Recipe Recap} Twix Caramel Cookie Bars

We had Chelle and Jeremy’s Chicken Stew on Saturday and of course I had to make the oatmeal cream pies that I’ve made for the past several Stews.  I also had some mini Twix bars from Halloween so I decided to make some cookie bars.  I didn’t take any pictures so I’m going to borrow one of Maria’s:

Twix Caramel Cookie Bars Recipe on twopeasandtheirpod.com. Chocolate chip cookie bars with Twix candy bars and caramel! AMAZING! 

I loved the texture of these bars – they were dense with a thin slightly crispy crust that gave way to a chewy middle.  I used the chopped Twix bars and a semi-sweet chocolate chips, which were a good combo.

I was a little underwhelmed by these, to be honest with you.  The McHusband, however, put them toward the top of his favorites list.  The flavor was fine, it just wasn’t great.  I wish I knew what I could do differently to make them better.  I’d be willing to put some money on browning the butter and using dark brown sugar.

I still have a lot of those little mini Twixes left so I just might gamble on my improvements and see how they work out.

So there you go, a little something for your sweet tooth on this Monday morning.  And speaking of the pearly whites, guess who finally has one if not two?

I decided to check Connor’s lower gums with my finger last night and sure enough, there was a little roughness there.  I looked in his mouth but he wasn’t too keen on that so that’s why my math skills seem less than stellar.

I can’t say that Connor seemed overly bothered by the tooth/teeth coming in and he has continued to be a great sleeper so I have high hopes for the rest of his teeth not being a big deal.

I don’t know how often I’ll be checking in this week.  I am hosting Vanessa’s baby shower on Saturday and I have a few projects to work on for that plus I want to get to the Y at least a couple of times.  Oh, and my mom and the McMom will be up here this weekend so I’m going to have to stop writing my name in the dust in my house and get rid of it.

Hope your week’s off to a great start!

{Recipe very slightly adapted from here}

No comments: