Friday, February 5, 2010

How admirable

Bri got the McHusband a subscription to Popular Mechanics for Christmas (or maybe it was his birthday). Am I the only one who thinks it's about darn time this magazine started showing up in our mailbox? I don't know why I didn't think to get it for the McHusband sooner. For what it's worth, I'm the one who suggested Bri get it for him so at least I get one thoughtful-wife point.

Anyway, he got his first issue this week and when I got home from the gym on Tuesday, he was checking his answers on a handiness quiz that he'd taken. There were four levels of handiness, and the McHusband scored in the "Admirably Handy" category, just one notch below the professional handyman (Wait, is that an oxymoron?).

Meet my McHusband. Mr. Admirably Handy.

















Don't ask about the socks. This was his "outfit" on Saturday when it snowed. I guess his shins were cold.

Hmm, maybe we need to add GQ to his arsenal of bathroom periodicals.

7 comments:

Gma said...

Quick, get out that list of "honey do's", just in case Mr. Admirably Handy needs something to aspire to and attain the ultimate Handyman title!

I cracked up when I saw his white socks and then laughed even harder when you commented. Yup, think another magazine may be in order for "the reading room"!

The white socks actually make sense to me. It's the shorts that I don't get -- McHusband, it was snowing and 20 something degrees!

McHusband said...

Two things:

1) I had just finished working out... hence the sexy outfit (the socks were just what I had on before from being outside and had pulled up b/c as you pointed out, it was colder than hell outside... hence our bonus room was the same temp). :)

2) The only way to get the next "level" of handiness on the quiz was to have gotten a perfect score. I may be handy but I'm not perfect, lol.

-McHusband

Gma said...

I'm wondering how many of your co-workers read this blog ... I'm sure you'll receive some razzing!

McHusband said...

Thankfully, probably none of them. :)

McMom said...

It has been a while since I laughed so hard reading your blog... first of all... I have wondered for a LONG time why my boys have never taken Popular Mechanics..... my brother used to read it like it was his BIBLE from about the age of 12! Now to the SOCKS --- you can hope it isn't the sock gene passed down from his father! Ever been to the beach when McDad was wearing shorts AND white socks up to his KNEES????????? Love the T-shirt logo too!!

Gma said...

Uh oh.... sounds like it's in the genes!

McMom said...

BEWARE ---- could be it is genetic.....surely Ryan would NOT go out in public in that outfit!!!