Monday, February 1, 2010

Monkey Bread: Take Two

I decided that a weekend where we were snowed in and looking for comfort food reminiscent of what our moms might've made on a snow day back when we were kids was the perfect time to give Monkey Bread another try. Remember, my first try didn't go so well.

I used a different recipe with fewer biscuits and a pie pan instead of the seemingly cursed Bundt pan.

I was very optimistic.

Looks yummy, doesn't it?













It was...okay. I think it cooked too long. Notice I said "it cooked too long," not "I cooked it too long." I just followed the recipe and it didn't turn out great.

It looked pretty good though.













Do you guys know the definition of crazy? It's doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Guess what? I'm not crazy. No more Monkey Bread for me.

1 comment:

Gma said...

I posted yesterday and apparently it is floating out there in bloggerland somewhere!

Those things look so darned good, hard to believe they weren't as tasty as you'd expected.

Did you eat them or were they so bad that you threw them out?