Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Weekend 2010

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. I feel like my Valentine's Day actually lasted most of the weekend. The McHusband gave me flowers on Friday, we had dinner and a show on Saturday, then we had gifts, cards, and dinner at home today.

My flowers:













The lavender spider mums are hiding in the back.













I actually didn't get the flowers cut and in a vase until Saturday afternoon. I was watching TV shortly after I took my pictures and I heard a noise and saw the vase on its side with the water pouring out all over the table, chair, and floor. Oh, and a certain black cat was not-so-surreptitiously leaving the scene.


























The flowers now reside on top of the hutch in the dining room. Non-conventional, yes, but very practical.

That night, we went to dinner at Gravy, which is, contrary to what the name may imply, an Italian restaurant. A while back, the McHusband got us and Rick and Sabrina tickets to a live performance by Bill Maher. If you get HBO, you could've watched the same show we did last night. Guess it would've been nice of me to blog this in advance so you could've planned ahead, huh?













I had to take a picture of what Sabrina ordered at Gravy. She got the Fettucine Nero, which came with black linguine noodles.













I can't say it looked all that appetizing, but I tried it and it was good. Book, cover, you know how it goes.

Our tickets said the show started at 9:00. We didn't realize how late it had gotten at the restaurant, but we finally left there at 8:45. We were in a hurry when we were exiting the parking deck via the stairs and I slipped on a step and went down pretty hard. I didn't get hurt, not really, but I do have a couple bruises to show for it.











I also skinned my thumb knuckle.













You'd think maybe there was ice to blame for my slip, or maybe even the three rum and diet Cokes I had with dinner (I made it to my goal night following my self-imposed sobriety and definitely celebrated), but you'd be wrong. No, the culprit in this case? See Exhibit A below.

















It was the boots. I think last night was the third, maybe the fourth, time I've ever worn them. Sadly, I am not on a Carrie Bradshaw level when it comes to moving quickly in high heels.

Today was pretty lowkey. We did cards and gifts - Best Buy gift card for him, a candle and Dexter Season 2 (cuz nothin' says "I love you" like a serial killer DVD) for me - then the McHusband worked on his car shelf, and I ran some errands in Cary.

What car shelf, you're wondering? Actually, it's more of a tower.

















The good news is that in transferring the cars from the old shelf to the new one, the McHusband actually dusted all the cars. This will be a very memorable Valentine's Day indeed.

Well, I'm off to cuddle with my hubby on the couch until it's time for bed. He has to work tomorrow while I have the day off (President's Day). And since I was a slacker today, "day off" means "do all the household chores I should've done today."

2 comments:

McMom said...

Sounds like a pretty eventful V's Day!!! You really got bummed up! I was guessing "shoes" .... before reading to see what the real reason was. And we know the McDad would have been betting on "the shoes"...... had he been hearing the tale.
Car shelf/tower is impressive -- hope he has it bolted to the wall so it doesn't topple like your flower vase! Enjoy your day off! McMom

Gma said...

At least you were "stylin" and "profilin" as you went down! I didn't think you even owned a skirt anymore -- you looked awfully darned nice -- bruises and all!

Love the sunflowers -- good job McHusband!

The cars got a dusting? Holy cow, hope someone has made a note of it!