Thursday, February 11, 2010

Powder room art

I've been trying to find something to go on the big purple wall across from the toilet in the powder room ever since I painted it about a year ago. It's not like I was trolling the aisles at Target on a weekly basis with just one goal in mind ("Must find art for purple wall!"), but I just always had it in the back of my mind that I needed to find something.

This past Friday, the McHusband, Chelle, and I were at Pier 1 looking for a mirror I'd seen in the store's circular. I wanted to see the mirror in person to see if I liked it as much as in print and if I did, it was getting a new home on our dining room wall. Anyway, I saw this two-pack of scrolly wooden frames and thought, "Hey, those could work in the bathroom." Chelle agreed so they came home with us.

While the McHusband was gone to his Super Bowl parties on Sunday, I hung my new frames. First, I came up with plan.













Then I measured, marked, pounded, and hung the first frame, double-checking it with the level to ensure I'd measured, marked, and pounded correctly.













Now, lest you are not adequately impressed with my skills, let me tell you this. There were TWO hangers on the top corner of each frame.

And I got that frame level on my first try. Touchdown!













So, I got the frames hung, but they weren't finished yet. I took some pictures of the pansies in my pots on the front porch and had the McHusband print those for me.


























Of course, here's the money shot from the porcelain throne.













And this picture gives you a slightly better idea of how they're oriented on the wall.

1 comment:

Gma said...

Great job all the way around! I'm not sure what impresses me more - your measuring, hammering and installation skills or your keen eye and photography skills!