Tuesday, July 20, 2010

31

I heard on the radio this morning that a recent survey (article here) is saying that women are at their most attractive at age 31. How convenient for me, huh?

According to the survey, "they are at a prime age because they have youthful beauty but also more confidence and a better sense of style than fresh-faced teenagers."

Apparently confidence goes a long way since 70% of people surveyed said that was a key factor in determining a woman's appeal. Not far behind at 67% was physical beauty, and 47% of people said that a sense of style was the key factor.

I definitely think that personality goes a long way toward determining how attractive someone is. And a great smile never hurts. Sure, it helps to have Angelina's lips or Giselle's body, but even those things can't help someone who never looks like they're enjoying life.

I agree that with age comes confidence. Not that being older cures all insecurities (like ones about wearing shorts or giving a presentation in front of people), but I know I'm much more accepting of me the way I am now, both internally and externally, than I ever have been. Sure, I still have my issues, but they don't bother me as much as they did when I was in high school or even into my 20's.

Anyone else feel like 31 - or 31ish - is the magic age?

No comments: