Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"Are you a runner?"

I went to Subway for lunch today, as I do most Wednesdays. I eat at my desk pretty much every other day so I splurge on my $6.80 combo one day a week. For my birthday, Bri gave me a $50 gift card to Subway. I know she thought it was a lame gift, but I loved whipping that card out for two months and getting my "free" lunch.

Anyway, I was there today and I saw the FedEx guy that delivers to our office. I said a cordial hello, then took my seat in the booth in front of his. When I got up to refill my diet Coke, he asked me as I came back to the table, "Are you a runner?"

Am I? I told him yes because that was the easiest answer. I mean, I do run, but what makes someone a runner? How far do you have to go and how often to say with confidence, "Yes, I'm a runner."

I definitely took his question as a compliment. I'm wearing a skirt today, one that ends about an inch above my knees. I came across it in the guest room closet the other week. I didn't remember the skirt, and I didn't think it would fit me but guess what? It did! The FedEx guy told me I looked like a runner and since I wasn't sweaty and panting, I was flattered that he seemed to be basing his question on my body, specifically my legs, I guess.

I'm still not ready to go shorts-shopping, and I'll stick to laying out on my patio rather than at a public pool, but I'm glad to know that my efforts are paying off in a noticeable - and commentable - way.

5 comments:

McMom said...

So I guess the FedEx guy was hitting on you?

McHusband said...

Sounds like you need to tell him your McHusband is a "weight lifter" ;) and is about to put a UPS whooping on Mr. FedEx!

Gma said...

LOL -- this I gotta see!

You be sure and let me know when you two are going to be featured on the cover of Fit Magazine!

Jenny said...

You guys crack me up and yes Steph your efforts are really showing, you look good!!! Can't wait to see you in person :)!

Anonymous said...

That a way RYAN!!