Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Li'l firecracker

Guess what? Vickie had her baby on Sunday! He was a little less than 2 weeks early, but he was ready. Only about 5 1/2 hours passed between Vickie's water breaking and him being born. She progressed so quickly, in fact, that there wasn't time for an epidural so Vickie, rock star that she is, had a natural childbirth. I'm so proud of her.

The McHusband and I went out to meet the baby yesterday. That's only the second time I've ever visited a new mom in the hospital, and the first happened just last month. I guess 2010 is my year.

I feel kinda bad. I stole the baby from Cindy, Terry's mom, and didn't let go until it was time for us to leave. I figure Cindy would probably be there longer than we would so she'd have plenty of opportunities for newborn cuddles.


Oh yeah, you probably want to know his name, don't you? Meet Zachary Marlin.
Congratulations, Terry and Vickie! He's beautiful, and I can't wait to see him again.

2 comments:

McMom said...

Awwww..... so guess T&V weren't AT the patio christening! McMom

Gma said...

CONGRATULATIONS to one and all! But to only have to go through a 5.5 hr labor?? So NOT FAIR!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Such a handsome little guy - can't wait to see him during my next trip to HS.