Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fourth of July

Thanks to Mother Nature cutting NC a break this past weekend, we finally got to use and enjoy our patio on Sunday. We had some friends over for a cookout and fireworks that the McHusband picked up when he was in SC for work.

I borrowed a table from a coworker and covered it with a piece of fabric from Walmart, and I used the chairs from our old kitchen table. I figured we'd just segregate with the guys at the table on the deck and we girls down on the patio, and that's exactly the way it worked out.


Do you like my ban-danners? I already had those and was trying to figure out what I could do with them decorating-wise. I think my idea turned out pretty well.


I borrowed the lanterns from Chelle.


Inside, I had a trio of vases on the table.

I also had this red, white, and blue plate combo, but I didn't have anything to put on it. Bummer.
We did have to put out a couple fires that night, but it's not what you think. Two of the tiki torches on the deck caught fire. Thank goodness I'd made margaritas and the blender was out and available so we filled it with water and doused the flames.
Hope everyone else enjoyed their holiday!

No comments: