Monday, August 30, 2010

Visitors

We've had a busy couple of weekends. My mom was up the weekend before last, and my dad visited this past weekend.

My mom came up so that the McHusband could give her car a tune-up.


He got FILTHY in the process. I think he blamed it on the brake work.



In return, my mom hemmed the curtains in the den. It's always bothered the McHusband, decorating diva that he is, that they were a touch long and sorta "sat" on the floor. Tori, not Tucker, was the Helper of the Day for this task.

Tori held down the unruly panel and double-checked our measurements.



My dad flew into Charlotte last week on Wednesday and spent some time at Bri's visiting with her, Nate and Lyla, and Shannon and Owen stayed there one night as well. Then the McHusband and I met up with Bri, Nate, and Lyla at the Chili's in Asheboro on Friday for dinner and the Daddy Swap.

Lyla pretended to be shy at first, but she warmed up pretty quickly once the McHusband and I switched places so that I could serve as a buffer between her and scary Uncle McHusband.
Lyla playing hard to get.

Still not too sure about Uncle McHusband, but coming around...


Silly face!

It was nice to visit with Lyla, Bri, and Nate and of course it went by too quickly. But we couldn't stay at Chili's all night so it was time to hit the road and get back home.

We went to Furnitureland South on Saturday - that place is impressive! First of all, it's HUGE and second, it's amazing what these companies charge. We saw a dining set ON SALE for $27k. Can you imagine?

Later that night, Tori decided that my dad was okay in her book. Here's her seal (maybe that should be seat) of approval.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww -- you didn't take them to When Pigs Fly for pizza in stages??? McMom