Thursday, February 17, 2011

Recipe Recap: Chocolate Cavity Maker Cake

We spent the evening with Ryan and Sandra this past Friday. We got together after dinner so I volunteered to bring something sweet to share. I made a half-batch of these Clark Bars (so simple and so good) and decided that wasn't enough. I had everything necessary for this Chocolate Cavity Maker Cake so I threw it together real quick. I think it needed to bake about 5 minutes less, but at least I didn't have to worry that it was undercooked and mushy like my last chocolate Bundt cake.
















You know, I'm thinking that this batter might make the dense cupcakes that I'm looking for. I'll have to give it a try. And don't worry, I'll be sure to report my findings.
















One of the reviewers said she used Irish Cream instead of the coffee liqueur that the recipe called for. I used Kahlua's cousin, Kemora, and thought the cake tasted very good, but I'm going to have to give the Bailey's a shot in this contest. Anyone willing to judge the results?

3 comments:

Gma said...

Are you kidding me... chocolate AND Kaluha? I could probably eat a quarter of that cake for breakfast!

McMom said...

Yes, you can G'ma!! Steph I really think this one w/o the kahlua would work for your desire for more dense chocolate cupcakes -- the kahlua works well too in some cases -- especially if you are piling on MOCHA frosting for me and G'ma!!

McMom said...

Sign me up for judgeship!