Sunday, February 6, 2011

Recipe Recap: Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate and Cinnamon Chips

I finally came across some cinnamon chips right around Christmas. I'd been seeing lots of recipes that used them, but they proved very difficult to come by. I bought two of the three bags on the shelf and wish I'd put all of 'em in my basket.

Beantown Baker, however, had the opposite problem: she had an abundance of cinnamon chips so she threw these cookies together. I'm glad I tried them, but I'm not sure I'd put this recipe in the keeper category. I thought the cookies were just okay, which was disappointing because I really like the chocolate-cinnamon combo.

They started out promising enough. Love the mix of oatmeal, chocolate chips, and cinnamon chips.
















They weren't the most appetizing-looking cookies I'd ever plopped down on a baking sheet.
































They were much more appealing after 10 minutes in the oven.
















My final review: Good enough cookies, but nothing spectacular. If you like oatmeal cookies and are looking to mix things up, give these a try. I think they'd be good with just about any mix of chips - peanut butter and milk chocolate, butterscotch and white chocolate, or just keep it simple and go with traditional semi-sweet.





















{Recipe from Beantown Baker}

No comments: