Sunday, November 13, 2011

Halloween IV

The McHusband and I changed up our costumes a little for our second party in the ‘hood.

IMG_2391

The McHusband kept company with another cowboy (previously Mike Tyson).

IMG_2405

I hung out with a Maid Marian-type and a cougar.

IMG_2393

I made a couple of treats to share at this party: Halloween Bark and Candy Corn Sugar Cookie Cupcakes.

IMG_2341

The Candy Corn M&Ms were a limited edition variety sold only at Walmart.  They were candy corn-colored but had a vanilla-ish filling.

IMG_2342

Once the chocolate set up, I used my big butcher knife to cut the bark into pieces.  The best part was all the crumbs that needed a purpose.

IMG_2348

I used orange candy melts and semi-sweet chocolate.  The combo looked great and tasted even better.

IMG_2355

I shared some leftovers with the medical office in my building.  This stuff was so tasty that one lady said she bit down wrong and the toffee layer made her chip a tooth. 

She told me this right after she asked me for the recipe.

IMG_2357

I think I’ve found my plain cupcake recipe.  I saw this one in my Reader the day of the second Halloween party and knew I had to make them.  I even had everything on hand to throw a batch together immediately.

I dyed half the batter yellow so my layers were white cake, yellow cake, then orange frosting (traditional vanilla buttercream).

IMG_2346

IMG_2386

I had some fun staging my cupcakes outside and taking pictures of them so just bear with me.

IMG_2370

IMG_2378

Uh-oh, who invited him to this party?

IMG_2371

IMG_2375

IMG_2374

Rats, skulls, ravens – oh my!IMG_2381

There you go – that’s if for Trick or Treat Twenty-Eleven.  Took me long enough, huh?

Hope your week’s off to great start!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Love the rat action shots! Such presentation. :-)