Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Recipe Recap: Peppermint Oreo Brownie Pie

Have you seen the new Peppermint Oreos?  Target had my number.  The store put the seasonal cookies on an end cap, and I couldn’t resist buying them.  I like the Mint Oreos better, but these were good enough and the best part was that they inspired a super yummy brownie-pie-dessert-thing.

I used a boxed brownie mix.  I put half the batter in my spring form pan, then topped that layer with quartered Oreos.

IMG_2634

I covered the Oreos with the rest of the batter then popped the pan in the oven.  The “pie” cooled while I was at the Y so it was ready for the piece de resistance, the white chocolate peppermint buttercream, courtesy of Becky, who I’ve just seen is my neighbor, when I got home.

IMG_2637

It’s not the prettiest dessert ever, but what it lacks in looks it more than makes up for in taste.

IMG_2641

The McHusband certainly didn’t wait to dig in.

IMG_2642 

Ironically, I took some pictures of the pie slices outside the next day in between running Kim’s 5k and making that healthy quinoa-veggie soup.  It was pretty hard not to gobble up that piece once I was done with the photoshoot but I stayed strong.

IMG_2700

Are you a cakey brownie or fudgy brownie person?  I like my brownies fudgy almost to the point of being underdone.  I think you can see in these pictures that I baked these pretty much perfectly for my tastes.

You gotta love a dessert where the frosting’s just as thick as the cake layer (whether that’s cake, brownie or blondie – I’m not one to discriminate).

IMG_2702

{Girls, for those of us doing our Christmas dinner and gift exchange next week, you have this pie to look forward to for dessert.  Yeah, you probably want to go ahead and add a few minutes to each gym session between now and then.}

I won’t lie – I’m REALLY looking forward to eating this again.

No comments: