Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

I’m doing pretty good to have my Halloween post only a few days after the actual holiday.  However, I should admit that our first Halloween party was actually on the 22nd so I guess, really, this post, almost two weeks later, is right on time in my world.

Our neighbors, Steve and Tawnya, have adopted Halloween as “their” holiday to go all out for.  And boy do they! 

I borrowed Chelle’s cowgirl gear – shirt, hat, boots, belt, and gun – to make my costume.  The only thing of mine (besides my unmentionables) was the skirt.  The McHusband chose to wear a complementary costume.  He borrowed a hat and bought a belt buckle and shoes that would look Western enough for his purposes.

What do you think, did they work?

IMG_2227

Both shoes were supposed to be like the one on the right.  He wore the shoes this way to the party that night (since we discovered the shoes were more fraternal than identical about 10 minutes before the party), then he exchanged the brother-from-another-mother the next day.

Enough about the shoes.  Tada, here we are!  Cowgirl and…Kenny Chesney.

IMG_2229

And here we are giving our serious looks.  Because we’re hardcore country folks with septic tanks and no sidewalks in our neighborhood.

IMG_2233

Much like Halloween the movie, this post is going to have several sequels.  Probably not quite as many as the movie (I think I counted 5 sequels/prequels/spinoffs), but I’d guess at least three since we had two parties and I made two treats.  Oh, and I almost forgot that I’ll have to show you my decorations.

Hmm, maybe there will be as many sequels as the movie after all…

2 comments:

Gma said...

Well my goodness Dolly Parton wannabe -- that would be a big ole tad of cleavage you were sportin'! First you actually wear a bathing suit while on the boat this past summer and now this? I'd say you were getting awfully brave in your old age!

So when does McBuck Ryan come to Verizon? We'll take some front row tickets please so we can be up close and personal when he croons his latest hit "My filly sur does luv me even though my shoes ain't right."

Anonymous said...

Sorry we didn't know your country western plans.... probably have REAL cowboy boots on the shelf in the rec room that will actually FIT Mr. Buff McRyan!! I thought he looked much like a Chipn'Dale dancer myself!! OOPS -- almost forgot I am his MOTHER!!! Love, McMom