Monday, December 22, 2014

{Recipe Recap} Barely-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie with a Pretzel Crust

I didn’t want to lead you astray thinking you wouldn’t have to turn your oven on for this dessert.  But don’t be nervous, there’s no baking of the cheesecake, no cracks to worry about or water baths to try not to spill.  It’s just this delicious pretzel crust that has to go into the oven for a few minutes.

DSC_3644

I made this Thursday night for a dinner on Friday.  I mean, for a dessert for AFTER a dinner on Friday.

DSC_3641

We all thought this was delicious.  I added the Cool Whip layer to the top because, well, the McHusband and I just love Cool Whip, plus I thought it would add a little sweetness to the cheesecake filling.

DSC_3645

I’m a fan of salty and sweet together so I loved the pretzel crust in this dessert.  I will definitely be using it in the future.  The McHusband is ready for me to make the pie again and said I have to keep it at the top of the list of go-to treats.

DSC_3648

This pie was easy to make and even easier to eat.  If you’re still looking for something sweet to make for the holidays, give this pie a try.

DSC_3650

Can you believe we’re just a few days away from Christmas?  We spend so much time preparing for it that by now, I’m just ready for it to be here.  One, I’m excited to visit with people and of course I’m looking forward to it being Connor’s first Christmas.  Two, I’m done having my dining room taken over by wrapping paper.  Three, after Christmas is when I get the stay-cation that I’ve been anticipating for so long.

Come back tomorrow for a post about something even sweeter than this dessert!

{Recipe adapted from here}

No comments: