Friday, April 3, 2015

{Recipe Recap} Frosted Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars

TGIF and hallelujah!  Bring on the long weekend!  We are kicking things off with family photos in a local park this morning then Connor will go to daycare, and the McHusband and I get to go home.  He will be productive, I’m sure, and I plan to mostly veg (and look good doing it!) til I pick Connor up between 3:30 and 4:00.

I know some people do a big Easter dinner and any fancy dinner needs a dessert or three, right?  If you’re looking for something light tasting and spring-y, then these cookie bars are for you.

DSC_4368

I made them last weekend when some friends came over to hang out.  I must’ve been on a citrus kick because the other thing I made was a pitcher of pineapple margaritas.  Chelle and Vanessa, wait until you guys try them!

DSC_4366

But back to the treats.  I didn’t think the frosting tasted lemony enough with just the juice so I added maybe a teaspoon (but start with half and taste first) of lemon extract, too.

DSC_4371

These were very easy to throw together.  Minimal ingredients, no fancy techniques…  This was my kind of recipe.

DSC_4367

Now I just need one of my blogging buddies to come up with a chocolate version…

DSC_4370

{Recipe very slightly adapted from here}

No comments: