Friday, January 7, 2011

Recipe Recap: Fettuccine and Red Peppers

This recipe came across my inbox and I knew it was something that the McHusband and I would like. The timing was perfect because I was resigned to not exercising Wednesday evening and if I'm not gonna burn calories, I might as well take 'em in.

Look how pretty those red peppers are.
















One of the four garlic cloves I minced and added to the skillet. Is there any better kitchen smell than the aroma of garlic cooking?
















My new apron came in handy because I didn't change out of my work clothes to cook dinner.





















Dinner is served!





















It's definitely not the prettiest plated meal, but it made up for its looks in flavor. The McHusband grilled some chicken so we had some protein with our pasta. I will say this about the dish: You should like sour cream if you want to give this a try. While it wasn't an overpowering flavor, I could definitely tell it was there. I decreased my chicken broth to half a cup and increased the grated Parmesan to just under 1 cup because that's what was left in the container. I think 1 cup of Parm was a good idea, but I should've stuck with the recipe's 3/4 cup of chicken broth so that the sauce was a little more saucy and not so pasty. Live and learn. It was still really good and definitely a keeper.

{Fettuccine with Sweet Pepper-Cayenne Sauce}

2 comments:

Gma said...

Sounds yummy! Glad to see the apron being put to use although if I heard the conversation right, I'm sure Ryan wished you'd served that great meal sans the work clothes!!!!!!

McHusband said...

I like the way you think Gma!!! ;)