Monday, January 17, 2011

Recipe Recap: Peanut Butter Frosting

Okay, my second attempt at pretty frosting went better than the first, but I'm still not there yet. I think it's at least 50% an equipment thing in that I need a bigger tip. (And plenty of helpful tips about cake and cupcake decorating so feel free to leave some.)

I use a boxed mix for the chocolate cake and I thought it tasted okay, but it was kind of light for the intensity of this frosting. A denser cake would've worked better.
















Peanut Butter Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
4 T. unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
3 1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 c. Cool Whip, thawed

In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese, butter and peanut butter until smooth. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar, beating until smooth and well blended. Mix in the Cool Whip until smooth and fluffy.

I frosted liberally and still had a good cup and a half of frosting left. The McHusband was happy to help me get rid of that.
















If you're a fan of peanut butter, give this frosting a try. It was to die for.

So what's next? I bought some Valentine's Day cupcake liners, and I just saved a recipe for a Cookies n Cream cupcake so that's at the top of my list right now. I'm always looking for guinea pigs to test my food out on so if you're willing, let me know.

2 comments:

McMom said...

Yep, you need that BIG cupcake frosting tip! AND I think you can use it to FILL cupcakes with too... a little icing inside AND on the outside!! Maybe a pound cake recipe would do well? They look scrumptious!! McMom

Gma said...

For sure these look ALOT better!

Just send mine to Guinea Pig G'ma!