Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010: Part II

Well, I guess I didn't do too well with getting my Christmas '10 posts up IN 2010. But better late than never, right?

We headed back to Bri's Christmas morning. Owen and Lyla were still sleeping so we got to see them come downstairs and be excited about all the presents.











Santa, who is at the center of a debate about whether he wraps gifts of not, left Lyla a dollhouse and Owen a dump truck.











Hmm, looks like everyone likes the dollhouse.
















Opening presents - or, rather, watching presents be opened - was a lot of fun this year since the kids "got" it. Here's Owen showing me the ornament he made (with Gma's help) for Shannon and Calvin.
















Uncle McHusband liked Owen's truck and trailer. It was a FORD truck so how could he resist?


























My mom got me some baking supplies - silicone heart-shaped cupcake holders and some funky paper liners. (One of which will be making a blog debut shortly.)





















We got Owen a lawnmower. I absolutely love the look on his face in this picture. "Oh yeah, I got a lawnmower."





















And here they are in action.


My mom made aprons for Bri, Shannon, and me, and she even made one for Lyla and Owen and a bib for Owen's soon-to-be-little sister, Olivia. That toile is the fabric for baby Olivia's nursery so Shannon said (threatened), "I know where to go if I need another pillow."
















My mom included a note to each of us with the aprons, which we read after this picture. It's not a Christmas in our family if we're not crying at some point. Christmas 2010 did not disappoint.











My mom did something similar for the guys. She got Calvin and Nate each a saucer and the McHusband a frisbee so each one could spend time playing with their respective kids. She even included a note with their gifts. I don't know what's wrong with them - none of 'em was moved to tears. That's okay, we girls had more than enough to go 'round.
















After all the gifts, we had breakfast and hung out a bit, then it was time to head out and go to the McHouse for Christmas with the other half of our family. That's next!

No comments: