Friday, May 6, 2011

After-dinner dunk, drinks, and dessert

After dinner, Chase wanted to go swimming in the "pool," which is the hot tub on the sunporch. Jenny got in with him and the McHusband hung out with them while I fed Leah and watched.
































Leah took about half her bottle then didn't seem interested in the rest so we just enjoyed each other's company.





















I forget why I handed her off to the McHusband (more wine maybe?), but I made sure to get some pictures of him holding her.

"Uh, you sure you want to leave me with his guy?"
















Aw, what a sweet moment.
















Once the kids were in bed, the McHusband and Kevin took Kevin's truck to fill the tank so it'd be ready to go for their predawn departure the next morning. We girls took our wine out to the patio.





































It wasn't long and we were ready for dessert. The McMom had made a layered pudding dessert and we had my brownie-stuffed cupcakes, of which I'd only had the one two days before. So I took a big chunk of the pudding thing as well as a cupcake. I'd already finished a bottle of wine by myself so there really wasn't any point in counting calories at that point. Not that I was in any shape to do so...
















One dessert down, one to go.
















Between the wine and the letdown after the sugar rush, I ended up sacked out on the couch for about an hour before we finally made it up to bed. Yep, I'm a crazy party animal!

The next morning, we had some help getting packed up.
















Leah was ready for a nap, but she toughed it out long enough for me to snap a few final pictures.





















Chase and Leah stayed in Charlotte this week while Kevin and Jenny did their best to get somewhat settled in Michigan. They fly back tomorrow to pick up their babies and the dogs and then they make the long drive for the second time in one week, this time in the van with two kids and two dogs in the back.

Keep your fingers crossed for them, okay?

2 comments:

McMom said...

Great picture of Jenny, but could you not have cropped out those AWFUL legs of MINE??? Wish I had been thinking blog --- we would have gotten a picture of you sacked out on the couch!!! McMom

Stephanie said...

Does this mean you guys will be traveling our way more often???