Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sara's Baby Shower

Kim and two other friends hosted Sara's baby shower on Saturday. I haven't been to that many baby showers, but I would say that this was one of the most fun. Maybe it was the mimosas? Good job, girls!

Sara was adorable in her purple dress.





















Check out all the gifts! He's a lucky boy already.
















Sara's doing dinosaurs in the nursery so there was a prehistoric theme running through the shower. A dinosaur cookie cutter was hanging from the light over the table.
















And below that were chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting topped with fondant dinosaurs. RAWRRRR!
















You gotta see a close-up of these delectable dinos.
































Sara got lots of important baby stuff like a manly diaper bag (so the hubby will be seen sporting it from his shoulder).





















Kim wondered if the baggies for dirty diapers were cheaper than the ones for picking up after your dog on walks. (Side note: We have to use grocery bags to pick up after our dogs; those baggies wouldn't cut it.)
















Other very important baby gear included a Rock n Play Sleeper and a laundry basket filled with must-haves like hangers and, um, other baby-related items.





































I got Sara a few essentials off her registry, but I couldn't resist a sleeper and a t-shirt for the kid to wear next summer. Sara and her husband aren't known for their abilities to reach the top shelf at the grocery store so I thought a sleeper with a giraffe looking down at a turtle and the words, "Who you calling short?" on it was appropriate.





















And we all know where you can find Sara as many weekend as possible in the summer...
















Kim gave Sara a dinosaur towel that we joked the kid would be taking to college with him.
















Can you see him now, walking down the hall from the bathroom to his room with the hoodie part on his head and the spikes down his back? No? Hmm, again, maybe it was the mimosas...

1 comment:

benilhalk said...

Aww! Congratulations! She is going to be a beautiful mom. I am also going to have a baby and I know my friends are up to something because I just got a confirmation call from a party venue. I am sure my sister made this mistake but I am going to pretend like I don’t know a thing, this post has just made me more excited.