Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy Birthday, Vanessa!

I went to The Cheesecake Factory with Vanessa and Jennifer on Friday. We were there for an early celebratory birthday for Vanessa's birthday, which is today. We got to sit outside, which was great because the weather was perfect for dining al fresco.

I had the Barbecue Salmon, which was on the Specials menu. Oh. Em. Gee. Salmon's not my favorite fish so I was a little hesitant, but I wanted to be halfway healthy and I figured the barbecue glaze would offset the seafood-ness of it. I was right - the BBQ flavor was very strong, which might actually be a negative for those REAL seafood lovers. I liked it so much, in fact, that I don't know if I'll ever get anything else when I go to The Cheesecake Factory.

Our waitress knew we were there for a birthday so without even being prompted, she brought her back-up singers and a mini-dessert.
















She was kind enough to share it with Jennifer and me. None of us got any cheesecake; we were too full plus I'd brought each of them one of those surprise brownies.

Oops, Jennifer's shirt's having its Hollywood red carpet moment.
















Good food, good friends...great night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just HATE those "red carpet" moments --- especially after it is all said and done!! McMom