Thursday, April 24, 2014

A celebration

The girls and I got together on Tuesday for my birthday.  We went to Tomato Pie, a new-to-us restaurant at the mall.  I got a white pizza with mushrooms added to it and it was fabulous.  Then we had not one, not two, but THREE treats.  I had to make one – I couldn’t resist! – and Vanessa whipped up some kicked-up Ghiradelli brownies with peanut butter chips in them.  Finally, Heather worked her fingers to the bone swiping her debit card at Harris Teeter and brought a white cake with white frosting.

0422141840

I know I make a lot of sweets, but I have a soft spot for store-bought birthday cakes.

It was a sheet cake, but it had a layer of frosting in the bottom third of the cake.  What a great surprise for a frosting lover like me.

0422141843

We have such a great group of girls and I love that we make it a priority to celebrate each other’s birthdays.  We have stopped doing gifts, but we always split the birthday girl’s dinner and I make a treat or two (nothing I like better than a captive group of guinea pigs).  We take our time, linger over drinks and dinner, and often find ourselves continuing to chat in the parking lot before we can say a final goodbye.

2014-04-229519.17.06

Thanks, ladies, for being such a wonderful and important part of my life!

PS  Happy birthday to me and Barbra Streisand!

No comments: