Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Recent faves

A couple of my latest impulse buys paid off.  I’m a sucker for a new version of a classic so when I saw this new flavor of Ritz, a flavor I knew the McHusband and I would probably like, I had to try them.

image

These are great!  There’s enough flavor dust on them so that you know what you’re tasting, and they have a satisfying crunch to them.

BTW, did you know that Ritz has a Facebook page?  That may be the straw that breaks my camel’s back.  If a cracker is on FB, I probably should be as well.

imageMy other favorite is one of the new JIF Hazelnut spreads.  I haven’t tried any of the others, but the Salted Caramel is amazing if you’re a Nutella fan.  I want to bake something with this stuff, but I’m not sure the jar’s going to make it until I have time to mix some sugar and flour together.  This stuff is good on a spoon!

 

One last thing, and it’s not food.  Connor is a baby who needs and likes to be swaddled.  We used the aden + anais blankets originally, but he could break those swaddles so I had to invest in some Velcro.  These Summer SwaddleMe blankets work very well for us.  They are lightweight enough for warmer temps and I like the amount of stretch in them.  I wish the Velcro didn’t make quite as much noise – you don’t want to readjust when the baby’s asleep – but then I guess the hold wouldn’t be as strong and that would defeat the purpose.

Last week, Connor had a couple bad nights where he just wouldn’t settle when it was time for bed.  The McHusband ended up bringing him downstairs for some cuddling while watching The Voice.  Yep, we let NBC handle our baby’s lullabies.  Hey, sometimes you just gotta do what works.

DSC_1049

DSC_1051

DSC_1052

Let me know if you try the crackers or the spread and you like ‘em as much as I do.

No comments: