Friday, June 20, 2014

Connor: Four Months

Connor turned four months old last weekend.  Same weekend as Father’s Day, which was also one year after I found out I was pregnant. Yep, big weekend around here.

DSC_1701

DSC_1698

While I feel like I got through the first three months, a.k.a. the fourth trimester, I have finally been enjoying this past month or so.  Connor smiles and talks a lot, and he has a pretty good schedule, which makes things easier and therefore better.

DSC_1717

Connor’s “sleeping through the night” in that he’s not waking up to eat in the night.  But if he wakes up and can’t fall back to sleep quickly, he gets fussy and then we end up doing what’s easy, which is sticking the paci in his mouth.  I didn’t want to be those parents, but when you’re already four months behind on your sleep quota, you do whatever gets you back into bed the fastest.

DSC_1710

Connor had his four-month shots on Friday the 13th.  He weighed in at 15 lbs 14 oz, but I’d just given him a 6-oz bottle so I’m going to say he’s 15 1/2 pounds.  He’s 26 inches long, which puts him in the 88th percentile.

DSC_1712

He did better than I expected after his shots, and thank goodness since it was just him and me for the weekend while the McHusband was at the beach.

DSC_1702

Connor likes: bathtime, being carried facing out, riding in the Bjorn while I shop, his new-to-him activity chair (Thanks, Lyla and Maxie!), and lounging in his tub in our room while I put clothes away.  (BTW, the tub was my mom’s idea – gotta give credit where credit’s due.)

DSC_1725

PART_1402277839769_20140608_134045

Connor’s tolerating the car seat better these days.  We even get in decent walks first thing in the morning on the weekends.  We keep practicing in the Bumbo and it’s hit or miss.

20140608_174606

Connor dislikes: not being held when he’s tired and cranky, getting too hungry, and practicing tummy time in the evenings.

DSC_1721

As for the sock monkey, Connor’s still not sure if he’s friend or foe.

DSC_1700

DSC_1699

Maybe he’ll make his mind up by next month.

DSC_1708

We are loving our little C-Man and look forward to seeing him learn and develop every day.  He’s so close to giggling, and I hope every day that something I do will make a laugh finally bubble over.

DSC_1709

Connor’s not rolling over yet and that’s fine with me.  We’re more careful about leaving him anywhere he could fall from, but it’s nice to know that he’s going to be where we left him.  For instance, we might have him on the bed in his room, go run his bath, then go back to get him.

DSC_1720

Can’t wait to see the changes this next month brings!

DSC_1718

PS  Happy early birthday to both Terry and Lyla! 

5 comments:

Mcmom said...

His onesie says it ALL! I know boys are handsome, but he is also beautiful in my eyes! I see a professional photo shoot in his near future....still wondering if he is a redhead? Byron wasn't at that party last May, was he? LOL...j/k Mcmom

McHusband said...

One other tidbit of up-to-date Connor info is that he's starting to recognize that he has hands and can control them... a little bit anyway, lol. He's grabbing things more frequently and seems to have a better idea of depth perception when reaching for something.

Natalie said...

oh man is he cute!

Erika said...

Love his little grin! I'm glad your are noticing some fun changes!

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

He is so adorable!!