Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Our New York Trip: Day 1

The McHusband and I jet-setted to NYC (my first time there) this past weekend for his friend Kevin’s wedding on Friday.  My mom came up and stayed with Connor, the cats, and Morgan.  We sent Monte to the vet because he can be a handful and a half, and we figured she had enough on her plate without a 120-lb puppy in the mix.

Kevin and Tiffany got married on Friday afternoon.  The ceremony was very nice and the church was beautiful.

20140530_152822

We had some time between the ceremony and reception so we checked into our hotel and primped a little.  We clean up okay, don’t ya think?

20140530_184704

It’s kinda hard to tell, but my dress is a deep purple.

20140530_184551

We enjoyed a cocktail hour of mingling, drinks and heavy hors d’oeuvres before the reception, which went on for four hours or so.  That’s many more hours of open bar than I’m used to these days, and I took full advantage.  I had a lot of fun and it was worth dumping what I pumped that night.

We stayed in the same hotel where the reception was.  We slept in some the next morning, but the alcohol and body clocks teamed up against us, getting us up earlier than we would have liked.  But the upside was that we could get ready leisurely, have breakfast at the hotel, and then make our way into NYC with the whole day still ahead of us.

Day 1 in the city coming soon (I hope)!

1 comment:

Mcmom said...

But who wants to sleep when NYC is calling? Mcmom