Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hummus queen

We're going over to Ryan and Sandra's (our old neighbors) for dinner tonight and, since I have more tahini than I know what to do with, I said I'd bring some Black Bean Hummus. Again, I have more tahini than I know what to do with, so I decided to make another hummus that I had the recipe for as well.

Where the magic happened. Unfortunately, it didn't magically get cleaned up.


I had everything but garbanzo beans (a.k.a. chickpeas) and curry for the Jalapeno Hummus.


"Mmm, spicy!"


I should probably serve these with veggies instead of pita chips and Triscuit Thins to keep it a truly healthy appetizer option. Maybe next time. I did my time at the Y today, I can have the crackers.

1 comment:

Susan M. said...

Maybe we should give you a new nickname: Queen Tahini? (not to be confused with Queen Latifah, unless of course, you can sing and act too - yeah I know, that ain't going to happen any time soon!)