Thursday, August 13, 2009

Oldies but goodies

Papa and Grandma Grace sent me some old pictures and it was a lot of fun to look at them. I figured I shouldn't hog all the fun so I'm sharing them with the world. Okay, with MY world.

Here I am at 38 months in June of 1982. (That's according to my mom's notes on the back of the picture.)


I love this next picture. Okay, I'm just gonna say it - I was CUTE with a capital C - U - T - E. And check out those long blonde locks. People in Hollywood pay big bucks for hair that color.


This next picture of Bri and me was taken about a month before Shannon was born (again, according to my mom's notes on the back of the picture).


Mom, seriously, what's up with Bri's helmet hair?

And then there were three. Or maybe Bri and I were just dreaming of a little sister and that's why Shannon's just a floating head?


Nope, she's real. This was taken in January of 1984 so Bri was 3, Shannon's 9 months old, and I'm 3 months shy of 5.


Is there any doubt that Owen is Shannon's son? The picture of him was taken at his 9-month check-up.


I don't have any pictures of Bri younger than 2 so I can't do a similar comparison of her and Lyla, but I look forward to when I can. Mom, got any pictures of Bri as a one-year-old that you can send me?

Hope you all enjoyed that little trip down memory lane. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to show you what happened to that adorable 38-month-old with the beautiful hair when she got a perm in third grade.

It wasn't pretty.

1 comment:

Susan M. said...

Oh my beautiful, beautiful babies. No doubt, you had the most beautiful hair and it wasn't easy to let you have your way and get your hair cut off. And then a perm on top of that? Dagger to my heart! It was all I could do to not ask them to glue all that beautiful hair to my head (being as I had such wonderful strands!). There may be days you don't like your hair -- keep reminding yourself, you could have inherited mine!