Monday, December 6, 2010

It's a bird, it's a plane...

As I was coming home on Friday, I saw a hot air balloon ahead of me. Maybe I should clarify: In the sky ahead of me, I saw a hot air balloon. It's not like someone was using one to commute home.

Anyway, I noticed that as I got closer to home, I kept getting closer to the balloon. And it was surprisingly low. Over the field that's just outside our neighborhood, I could count the two people in it. I thought maybe they were going to set down in that field.

I was wrong. They set down on my street, just three or four houses up from ours. In fact, I had to wait for the balloon to touch down before I could get home.

Anyone else ever had their commute home stalled by a hot air balloon landing?

Of course, as soon as I got home, I grabbed the camera and started taking pictures.
















I wasn't the only one who thought the balloon landing was way cool. Most of the neighbors were out and I could see other people's camera flashes going off.





















The crew, if that's what they're called, worked quickly to get the balloon down and put away.































































Whoever they were, they can land on our street any time. What a neat thing to see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously?! Last week we had 2 people wanted in connection with several buglaries jump out of the car they stole and run through our neighborhood. We had cops everywhere and a helicopter flying overhead.

I know you want to move to my neck of the woods and get away from those pesky hot air ballons with all their pretty color and annoying peacefulness. :)

-Leigh

Gma said...

Way cool!

Jenny said...

That's pretty cool! They have a balloon festival around here every year and balloons usually land in the field by our house. One year they did land on our street but we weren't home :(.