Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010: Part I

Well, considering I only have about 26 hours left this year, I guess I better get to posting about Christmas, huh? I have the Y, some baking, some de-Christmasing, hopefully some relaxing, and two parties tomorrow so we'll see if I can get all three Christmas posts in this year or not.

We spent Christmas Eve at Bri's house with my mom, Bri, Nate, Lyla, Shannon and Owen. Would someone please tell Owen and Lyla to stop growing so fast? It's crazy how much they change, even in just the short time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Shannon gave the McHusband P90X for his birthday (my family does the McHusband's birthday gifts on Xmas Eve since that's when we're all together), and she thought it would be a good idea to get me to do one of the exercises. I didn't mind trying, but those hardwoods and my hip bones did NOT get along. What you don't see in the picture below is me laying on my stomach and having to get to the position below without using my hands.
















We had a very traditional delivery-pizza dinner. That was at the request of the McHusband and me because we've been craving pizza for a while now and figured we'd use the holidays as an excuse to gorge ourselves. As far as I can tell, the restaurant doesn't have a web site, but if you're in the Charlotte/Indian Trail area, you should definitely try NY Pizza and Pasta.

Later, my sisters, mom, the kids and I went upstairs to play/read/get ready for bed while the boys watched TV.
















I read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas to, well, everyone. I had a touch of stage fright about the whole thing, especially when Bri pulled out the video camera. Is it totally morbid that I imagined parts of that video being used in a newscast or on one of those investigative shows should something terrible happen to me? It is, isn't it? Moving on...
















Oops, I must've messed something up. Look at Lyla's face.





















Once we got the book out of the way, the kids were ready to go! They were running around and having a great time. The blanket in the hallway became the landing spot.
































Lyla got her pj's on and struck a pose.





















And then we let the kids be kids - they spent some time jumping on the bed. Uh oh, I see myself on the news again, except this time I'm the negligent aunt with this video as evidence...


When it was finally time to settle down and think about going to bed, we went downstairs for milk and a holiday-appropriate headband.



























Next up - Christmas morning!

{Well, I had about 26 hours left when I started this post but uploading a video put me behind. I tried to do the one of Lyla doing the Reindeer Hokey Pokey but it was too big and stalled the publishing of this post. So now we're down to closer to 14 hours left in 2010. We'll see how many parts of Christmas I can get done...}

1 comment:

G'ma said...

OMG -- do those babies look like their moms or WHAT!!!

I LOVE the Xmas holiday -- there just isn't anything better than having the girls/spouses/grandbabies all in the same room at the same time. I don't know of anyone who would disagree... IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS! My only complaint... the time spent isn't nearly long enough!