Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Recipe Recap: Lemon Cream Bars

I told you about these bars a few weeks ago but didn't have any pictures for you to drool over. I made another batch of the bars for a Women's Night in the 'hood and made sure to photograph their deliciousness.
















I made these in my just-slightly-smaller-than-9x13-pan and still made the extra crust/topping like I did the first time. I don't think I'll ever make that part according to the recipe.
















These are so easy to put together - the hardest part is squeezing the lemons for the juice - and they are very tasty. The lemon flavor is there, but it's not in your face like it can be in some recipes.

If you're looking for something summery to contribute to a get-together, give these a try. They were a hit at two parties, one office, and a neighborhood gathering.





















{Recipe here}

3 comments:

Sara said...

I dig the artistic placement of the lemon behind the plate. Excellent.

Stephanie said...

Thank you, thank you very much. :)

McMom said...

Yeh, I liked the lemon too....McMom