Thursday, June 9, 2011

Recipe Recap: Sour Cream Coffee Cake with Maple Glaze

Wow, I'm Stephie Crocker this week! I promise, I do more than just bake.

I also take pictures of what I bake and then I blog about what I've baked. I sometimes even eat what I bake.

I really only make something if I have a reason to contribute it to a party or get-together; the McHusband and I don't need to eat an entire batch of cookies, a pan of brownies, or a whole Bundt cake by ourselves. I guess we've just had a busy social calendar lately.

I made this coffee cake last week to bring into the office. I have a Bundt pan that's about half the size of what you'd consider a "normal" Bundt pan and it worked great for this recipe, which called for the coffee cake to be made in a bread pan.
















This coffee cake was really easy to throw together and exceeded my expectations. I mean, I figured it'd be good enough and serve its purpose at our breakfast meeting, but it ended up being worthy of writing home about. One of the guys at the meeting asked to take some home with him and he informed me the next morning that he'd just finished the last of his three slices.

Each slice of the coffee cake was moist and had just the right amount of the brown sugar-cinnamon layers. The glaze gave it a little crunch factor.

I'm not a huge fan of maple syrup (give me the fake Mrs. Butterworth's stuff any day) so I wasn't too sure about the glaze. But it turned out to be very tasty and a very nice complement to the coffee cake.
















I liked this coffee cake so much, in fact, and I had the leftover sour cream that I needed to use that I decided to make it again on Sunday and stick it in the freezer for future use. Keep your fingers crossed that it's as good the second time around.

Sorry I don't have any pictures of the inside. I'll try to do an updated post when we cut into the one in the freezer and will include some interior shots.

{Recipe here}

No comments: