Monday, August 4, 2014

{Recipe Recap} Homemade Vanilla Frosties

When Bri was here with Maxie and Lyla last weekend, I decided to make some Frosties for them.  They prefer vanilla to chocolate (I know, whose family did they come from?) but I guess they aren’t the only ones since the internet knows how to make vanilla Frosties.

Lyla helped me blend everything together.

DSC_2074

The blender was really full and Lyla was a little worried that it wasn’t going to hold everything in.  Spoiler alert: No upcoming pictures of the sitcom-sized mess.

DSC_2075

Once everything was blended, we put the mixture in the fridge to chill for later when I’d put it in my ice cream maker.

Verdict?  I think we had two happy campers.

DSC_2094

DSC_2095

Did you notice they’re eating their Frosties out of ACTUAL Frosty cups?  My coworker goes to Wendy’s pretty frequently so I asked her to get some Frosty cups for me, and the restaurant was kind enough to indulge her.

I think Maxie liked her cookie cake more than the Frosty, and I can’t blame her. 

DSC_2100

I can’t say I’d make this plain Frosty again as it really didn’t taste like a whole lot more than sweetened heavy cream.

But you know what made it better?  A little Whipped Vodka, Bailey’s and Kahlua.  Yep, it made a great Mudslide!

PART_1407116076056_20140729_204310

It might not have been my favorite treat, but the girls seemed to like it so that’s all that mattered.  More on their visit soon, I promise.  Since I’m not spending this week recovering from getting less than 3 hours of sleep one of my weekend nights, hopefully I’ll have a bit more energy for exercise and blogging.

Hope your week’s off to a good start!  My Monday will wrap up nicely as we girls are celebrating two birthdays with dinner tonight.  Definitely a good way to kick off a new week.

{Recipe here}

2 comments:

Gma said...

I'll take two topped off with a designated driver!

Grammie said...

I definitely would opt for the adult version...grammie